KiCon 2019 is a conference for people who use and love KiCad. This is the first year of KiCon, but hopefully the first of many! It will take place April 26th and 27th 2019 in Chicago IL, USA.
We are looking for community members to propose talks, which will be recorded and uploaded for the rest of the world to utilize. We’re looking for stories about tools, methods, and successes using KiCad in manufacturing, research and business. This conference will bring together the power users of the tool to talk about how they use KiCad on a regular basis and to share that knowledge with others.
Some suggested topics (and cheeky titles) to seed your talk ideas:
- Getting started with python scripting
- Best practices for manufacturing
- How to collaborate using KiCad
- Revision control for your next board
- Best practices for library management at a small business
- Fast 3D model creation using _______
- Building out toolchains for on-site board fabrication
- BGA breakouts can be a breeze
- “How I used KiCad to build a business doing ______ “
- Gerber hacks
- Your first Pull Request for the project
- Compilin’ ain’t hard!
- Artwork in KiCad: an Ex-spline-r for the n00bs (sorry)
- Deep cuts: Using the Microwave Toolbar
- Deep cuts: What the hell is a macro, anyway??
Accepted talks will receive a free ticket.
Interested in giving a talk?
Submit a talk proposal here
Interested in helping out some other way?
Sign up to Volunteer here! Or if you’re inclined, please consider joining our slate of sponsors!
Photos used on the KiCon 2019 site are used via the CC BY-NC-SA license from Trey Ratcliffe (Stuck In Customs)